Saturday, February 23, 2013

Expressing Opinions

Sample Phrases (from formal to informal)
Express Our Opinions
-       I’am of opinion that…
-       As far  as I’m concerned…
-       From my point of view…
-       In my opinion..
-       I think/believe/feel that...
-       As I see it…
-       If you asked me..
-       To be (Quite) Honest / (Quite) Honestly…
Asking People to Express Their Opinions
Sample Phrase (from formal to informal)
-       I’d be interested to know your thoughts on/ what you think about…
-       What’s your point of view on…
-       What’s your opinion on/ of/ about…
-       What do you think about…
-       How do you feel about…

It is an example of dialogue consist of expressions of asking and giving opinions:
Chiko     : Chica, what do you think of pop music recently? I mean, do you like them?
Chica     : Well, I’d say I don’t really like them. I’d prefer jazz.
Chiko     : Why? I thik pop music is very entertaining.
Chica     : In my opinion, jazz music is relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment